Job Role: Water Polo Coach
Line Manager: Head of Aquatics
• Plan, execute and evaluate a water polo training programme under the guidance of the head of aquatics and master in charge of water polo.
• Maintain accurate records of attendance and all other relevant documentation.
• Organise and run training sessions alongside other coaches.
• Help organise and attend matches and trips.
• Create and maintain a portfolio of training programmes and activities that can be used by other PE staff.
• Any other activities deemed necessary to ensure the smooth running and successful improvement of St Paul’s Aquatics.
• All staff have a responsibility and duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. Staff must be aware of the systems within the school which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the school’s safeguarding & child protection policy and code of conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training which is regularly updated.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Previous experience of working as a water polo coach.
• Up-to-date lifeguard qualification.
• ASA level 1 swimming teaching qualification (minimum).
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
• Demonstrate an appropriate level of technical knowledge.
• Water polo coaching qualification.
• Good time management and an ability to use time efficiently and effectively.
• An excellent ability to provide positive and constructive feedback.
• An excellent ability to work proactively, self-sufficiently and within a team.
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google applications.
Hours of Work
• The post is a casual contract and paid for the hours worked per week.
• Dependent on skills and experience.
• Free daily hot lunches provided in the school dining hall, including vegetarian options. Coffee, tea and supplies for hot drinks supplied throughout the day.
• Free on-site parking.
• Use of staff changing rooms and sports facilities, including swimming pool and gym.
• Stakeholder pension scheme.
Application Closing Date
• Monday 24 February. Interviews will take place on Monday 2 March. Early application is advisable; we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.