Our objective is to ensure that county records are as up to date as possible and reflect the fastest eligible swims by Surrey’s swimmers. Please don’t hesitate to inform us of any updates.
To make a claim, complete the record claim form here and email it to Julie Burvill – firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions For Establishing County Swimming Record (county handbook extract)
1. All records shall be made in still water by swimmers who are registered by Swim England as members of a Surrey club at the time of the swim. Any movement of water due to the normal operation of the filtration system may be disregarded.
2. All records will be for open and junior classification. The open classification (men and women) shall have no age limits. A Junior Record (boys and girls) will only be recognised if it is made by a swimmer who is 15 years of age or under on the date the record is made.
3. Short course records shall be swum in pools of not less than 25 metres in length. Long course records shall be swum in pools of not less than 50m in length.
4. Records may be made in:
(a) A meet licensed at Level 3 or above by Swim England, Swim Wales or SASA; or
(b) A National Masters or other organised national competition where the referee, starter, judges and timekeepers are licensed by British Swimming; or
(c) An overseas meet organised by the National Federation of the country concerned.
5. First-leg relay splits are not eligible for record claims unless they appear on British Rankings.
6. Notification of a record shall be by means of an official results sheet, or by a copy of the AOE output with the record of the time signed by the referee or other responsible official or officer.
7. Recognition of new records shall be established as follows:
(a) Details of records established in all events under Rule 4 shall be notified within twenty-eight days by the swimmer or their representative to the Championships Honorary Secretary.
(b) Records obtained in Surrey County Championships will automatically be recognised.
8. A certificate of record will be issued for every successful attempt upon request.
9. The following distances only will be recognised for county records:
Freestyle 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m
Backstroke 50m, 100m, 200m
Breaststroke 50m, 100m, 200m
Butterfly 50m, 100m, 200m
Individual Medley 100m, 200m, 400m
Last updated May 2019