Our objective is to ensure that county records are as up to date as possible and reflect the fastest eligible swims by Surrey’s swimmers. Please don’t hesitate to inform us of any updates.
Conditions For Establishing County Swimming Records
1. All records shall be made in still water by swimmers who are registered by Swim England as members of a Surrey club at the time of the swim. Any movement of water due to the normal operation of the filtration system may be disregarded.
2. All non-para records will be for Open and Junior Age Groups. The Open Age Group shall have no age restrictions. For Junior Age Group records the swimmer must be 15 years of age or under on the date the record is made. All para records will be for Open/Male and Female categories in Classification groups S1 to S14. There will be no Age distinction.
3. Short course records shall be swum in pools of not less than 25 metres in length. Long course records shall be swum in pools of not less than 50m in length. For Para records, there will be no distinction between Long and Short Course times.
4. Records may be made in:
(a) A meet licensed at Level 3 or above by Swim England, Swim Wales or SASA; or
(b) A National Masters or other organised national competition where the referee, starter, judges and timekeepers are licensed by British Swimming; or
(c) An overseas meet organised by the National Federation of the country concerned.
5. First-leg relay splits are not eligible for record claims unless they appear on British Rankings.
6. Notification of a record shall be by means of an official results sheet, or by a copy of the AOE output with the record of the time signed by the referee or other responsible official or officer.
7. Recognition of new records shall be established as follows:
(a) Details of records established in all events under Rule 4 shall be notified within 60 (sixty) days by the swimmer or their representative to the Championships Honorary Secretary.
(b) Records obtained in Surrey County Championships will automatically be recognised.
8. A certificate of record will be issued for every successful attempt upon request.
9. The following distances only will be recognised for non-para county records:
Freestyle 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m
Backstroke 50m, 100m, 200m
Breaststroke 50m, 100m, 200m
Butterfly 50m, 100m, 200m
Individual Medley 100m, 200m, 400m
10. The eligible events and classifications for para county records are set out in the following table:
|S1-S5 & S14
|S1, S2 & S6-S14
|200m Individual Medley
11. For para records, in the first instance times must be equal to or faster than those published in the table of Para Base Times.
(last updated 20/2/2024)