Following the Coaches Forum in March 2022, we changed the format of the County Championships for 2023. We ran the individual County Championship in January/February to comply with Swim England directives. We moved the Relay gala to 10 September 2023 as a “beginning of the season” event and early practice for any Arena league teams. It will be held at K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley and will be run Long Course. The details below are for this relay gala.
Swimmers and Coaches on Poolside at K2:
We will have a large number of people on poolside at this gala so we need to adopt some protocols to ease the congestion and make the gala an enjoyable event for everyone. With this in mind, please:
- Do not bring large swimming bags onto poolside. Use the lockers, of which there are plenty, and only bring a small bag onto poolside. We will ask for any large bags to be removed.
- Chairs are allowed but only for coaches and team managers
- Do not sit or place bags on the ventilation outlets by the window. This causes the heating system to pump hot air into the venue.
We are hoping to run this gala Long Course so that we have enough space to do a warm up in the pool. If we have to run it Short Course we ask all coaches to organise land based warm up for their swimmers. The Long Course warm up schedule is attached in the Meet Documents section below.
Following Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 30 August 2023
- Age at date: 31 December 2023
The full results can be found on the results page at this link.
Entry to spectate the meet will cost £10.00 (regardless of arrival/departure time) for all adults (12 years old and over). Entry to spectate the meet shall be free-of-charge for all children (11 years old and younger) when accompanied by an adult.
Tickets for both adults and children need to be pre-purchased before the start of the gala by using the following link:
No tickets will be available on the door under any circumstances.
There will be no printed programme available for this meet – we encourage all attendees to download and print the online programme at home prior to your arrival.
We have decided, with regret, that we cannot accommodate the formal presentation of medals into the timeline. All medals will be available for collection at the medals desk and there will be a space available for swimmers to have photographs taken with representative trophies and any dignatories attending on the day. We hope to have an Official Photographer attending this weekend.
We would greatly appreciate both technical and non-technical volunteers to help us run the gala. Please can you volunteer at one of the following links. If you are a club with a larger number of entries, we do expect that you will encourage your parents to volunteer to make this event viable.
Technical Officials may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
Field of Play volunteers may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
We are using the Swim England poolside pass system, that is used for National competitions, for coaches, team managers and chaperones. The pass should be downloaded at home and brought with you to the meet. We will provide wallets and lanyards. All coaches, team managers and chaperones must be registered with Swim England and have recorded their relevant qualifications in the Swim England systems. We would recommend that passes are applied for early to ensure any missing data is provided ahead of the meet. No-one will be admitted to poolside without a pass. You may re-use the pass issued for the individual championships in January/February.
- Chaperones: If a chaperone pass is required, the club (Chairman/Secretary) needs to email Martyn Hudson at Swim England (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the members details (name and number) and request they be added to the list of Chaperones. Once added they remain on the list until removed.
- Coaches, Team Managers, Chaperones: The pass can be accessed through the member’s individual page on the Swim Engalnd website. Log on using the following path www.swimmingresults.org > members > English/Welsh Member Options and enter your user ID and password to access your membership page. Once onto your individual membership page, select the option “Purchase accreditation for events click here.” You will then see a list of all the events using the on-line pass system. Select the generic event entitled SE DBS, Safeguarding, qualification check and print your pass at home. If any of the requirements are in red, you must correct the data in the relevant Swim England system before you can print your pass.
- Level 2 Teachers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
- Clubs need to pay for the number of coaches, team managers and chaperones they would like to have on poolside at any one time. You can do this by completing the form at this link.
Field of Play volunteers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
Technical Officials must show their licence to gain access to the venue. Any technical officials in training must apply for a Field of Play pass.
Dates and Locations:
The date and venue is as follows:
|K2 Leisure Centre, Crawley (25m)
|See Schedule of Events
There are no Qualifying times for this meet but “No Time” entries will not be accepted.
Meet Entry Documents:
- Promoter’s Conditions
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal instructions (relay section 11 only is relevant)
- Amending Relay Names after the Closing Date
- On-Line Payment Form for Poolside Pass
- Schedule of Events
- HyTek Meet Events File
- Key Times Report (revised key times based on SC and land based warm up)