Changes to the format of the Surrey County Events in 2023
Following the Coaches Forum in March, we are changing the format of the County Championships for 2023. There will continue to be an individual County Championship in January/February to comply with Swim England directives.
We are moving the Relay gala to 10 September 2023 as a “beginning of the season” event and early practice for any Arena league teams. The venue for this will be K2 in Crawley and will be run short course. We may amend the number of relays and a schedule of events will be published later this year.
We will also be holding a County Qualifier meet for 2024 in June 2023. This is targeted at swimmers who did not achieve a Surrey time in 2023. The venue and exact dates have yet to be confirmed. The Schedule of Events will be all 50s, all 100s, 200 Free and 200 IM.
There will be separate web pages for each of these events. The details below are for the individual Surrey Age Group County Championships.
Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 18 January 2023
- Age at date: 31 December 2023
- Times to have been swum on or after: 1 January 2022
We would greatly appreciate both technical and non-technical volunteers to help us run the championships. We are currently very short of volunteers for the non-techncial Field of Play roles at all session. Please can you volunteer at one of the following links. If you are a club with a larger number of entries, we do expect that you will encourage your parents to volunteer to make this event viable.
Technical Officials may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
Field of Play volunteers may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
We are using the Swim England poolside pass system, that is used for National competitions, for coaches, team managers and chaperones. The pass should be downloaded at home and brought with you to the meet. We will provide wallets and lanyards. All coaches, team managers and chaperones must be registered with Swim England and have recorded their relevant qualifications in the Swim England systems. We would recommend that passes are applied for early to ensure any missing data is provided ahead of the meet. No-one will be admitted to poolside without a pass.
- Chaperones: If a chaperone pass is required, the club (Chairman/Secretary) needs to email Martyn Hudson at Swim England (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the members details (name and number) and request they be added to the list of Chaperones. Once added they remain on the list until removed.
- Coaches, Team Managers, Chaperones: The pass can be accessed through the member’s individual page on the Swim Engalnd website. Log on using the following path www.swimmingresults.org > members > English/Welsh Member Options and enter your user ID and password to access your membership page. Once onto your individual membership page, select the option “Purchase accreditation for events click here.” You will then see a list of all the Counties and Regions using the on-line pass system. Select the Surrey County event and print your pass at home. If any of the requirements are in red, you must correct the data in the relevant Swim England system before you can print your pass.
- Level 2 Teachers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
- Clubs need to pay for the number of coaches, team managers and chaperones they would like to have on poolside at any one time. You can do this by completing the form at this link.
Field of Play volunteers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
Technical Officials must show their licence to gain access to the venues. Any technical officials in training must apply for a Non-Technical pass.
Dates and Locations:
The dates and venues are now confirmed as follows:
|28/29 January||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||See Schedule of Events|
|18/19 February||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||See Schedule of Events|
The published Qualifying Times include a separate QT for 17 year old swimmers. This is for entry only. As in previous years, the top age group for the meet is 17 & Over. All races will be seeded and awards will be determined on this basis.
All submitted entry times must be recorded on British Rankings for the course swum. No conversions are permitted for entry. Times from any licenced meet, including Masters, are eligible for entry.
Meet Entry Documents:
- 2023 Qualifying Times
- Promoter’s Conditions (subject to licencing approval)
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal instructions
- On-Line Payment Form for Poolside Pass
- Schedule of Events
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- HyTek Time Standards File
- Scoring Approach for the 2023 Championships
- Key Times Report