Competition Outline for 2021:
- Each club will run the Surrey events short course in their own pool using the Level X conditions. There will be no 1500m or 800m events but there will be a 100 IM. A HyTek meet events file will be issued for this purpose (see below).
- The events must be run during a qualifying window that will commence on 19 April 2021 and finish on 4 July 2021. The closing date for entries will be 6 July 2021.
- There will be no qualifying times for 2021 but a Surrey Qualifying Standard has been issued below to allow swimmers to gauge their level of performance ahead of the publication of the 2022 Qualifying Times. Published results will be marked as meeting the qualifying standard where appropriate.
- Results should be entered into a HyTek Meet Entry file using either HyTek’s Team Manager, Team Unify or another compatible meet entry system.
- A club entry file must be submitted in the usual way to the Meet Administrator by the closing date of 6 July 2021.
- Intermediate entry files may be submitted during the qualifying period.
- We will publish the the results on 7 July 2021.
- If we are permitted to hold a face to face meet on 24 and 25 July, we will invite the top 8 swimmers in each age group in each event to attend a finals weekend to be held at the Surrey Sports Park.
- We will operate a withdrawal process for this meet. Finalists must withdraw before 13 July if they do not wish to swim. Replacements will be drawn from the 4 alternates listed in the results.
- If we hold a face to face meet, we will issue a medal to the Top 3 swimmers in each age group in each event.
We would be pleased to receive any further comments on this approach ahead of Government confirmation that 21 June will see the end of all restrictions.
Meet Entry Documents:
- 2021 County Standard Times
- Full Promoter’s Conditions
- Club Entry Summary (on-line form)
- Schedule for the finals weekend
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- HyTek Time Standards File
- Key Times Report (if we hold a finals weekend)
Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 6 July 2021
- Age at date: 31 December 2021
- Times to have been swum during the Qualifying Window: 19 April 2021 to 4 July 2021