County Competition for 2021 – Update:
We have been discussing the impact of the Government’s announcement on our finals event at SSP with the facility operations team and believe we have a workable solution. Our intention is to continue to hold the event and will confirm the COVID protocol and procedures after a meeting with SSP today (18 June 2021).
There will be social distancing rules in place and numbers in the pool hall are severely restricted. We will be publishing a timetable for arrival, warm up, marshaling and swim down after today’s meeting. It will be critical that all coaches and swimmers follow the rules so that we can all have an enjoyable finals event. We expect clubs to take this seriously and to communicate with all their swimmers and coaches accordingly.
County Competition Format for 2021:
At the Coaches Forum on 31 March, we agreed to run a Surrey County Age Group event during the Summer.
British Swimming have asked all regions to run a long course festival of swimming meet during the period 17 July to 8 August and both London and South East are running meets on 24/25 July so we can’t do so. We have therefore moved our meet forward to 10/11 July (awaiting final confirmation from SSP) so that it is outside this window. We have brought the closing forward as a result but only by one week. We therefore need all clubs to volunteer officials without regard for who is swimming.
The key features of the event are as follows:
- Each club will run the Surrey events short course in their own pool using the Level X conditions. There will be no 1500m or 800m events but there will be a 100 IM. A HyTek meet events file is available for this purpose (see below).
- The events must be run during a qualifying window that will commence on 19 April 2021 and finish on 30 June 2021. The closing date for entries will be 30 June 2021.
- There will be no qualifying times for 2021 but a Surrey Qualifying Standard has been issued below to allow swimmers to gauge their level of performance ahead of the publication of the 2022 Qualifying Times. Published results will be marked as meeting the qualifying standard where appropriate.
- Results should be entered into a HyTek Meet Entry file using either HyTek’s Team Manager, Team Unify or another compatible meet entry system.
- A club entry file must be submitted in the usual way to the Meet Administrator by the closing date.
- Intermediate entry files may be submitted during the qualifying period.
- We will publish the results on 1 July 2021.
- If we are permitted to hold a face to face meet on 10 and 11 July, we will invite the top 8 swimmers in each age group in each event to attend a finals weekend to be held at the Surrey Sports Park.
- We will operate a withdrawal process for this meet. Finalists must withdraw before 6 July if they do not wish to swim. Replacements will be drawn from the 4 alternates listed in the results.
- If we hold a face to face meet, we will issue a medal to the Top 3 swimmers in each age group in each event.
We are continuing with the on-line process for poolside pass application this year so that we make it easier for all to comply with the Wavepower guidance from Swim England on safeguarding children.
Clubs have applied for the number of passes required on each day in the Meet Summary form. Anyone wishing to make use of this and access poolside must have a pass. The pass is specific to the individual and is not transferable. A photo is required with the pass but any photo will suffice as long as it is recognisable as the individual for whom the pass is intended.
Non-technical officials should apply for a poolside pass using this form once their role is confirmed.
Poolside passes are not required if you are acting as a technical official. Technical officials must wear their licence.
2020 Poolside Pass Application Form: Link
Please can non-technical and technical officials sign up to support the summer meet at the following links.
Meet Entry Documents:
- 2021 County Standard Times
- Full Promoter’s Conditions
- Club Entry Summary (on-line form)
- Schedule for the finals weekend
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- HyTek Time Standards File
- Key Times Report (if we hold a finals weekend)
Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 30 June 2021
- Age at date: 31 December 2021
- Times to have been swum during the Qualifying Window: 19 April 2021 to 30 June 2021