The overall meet programme can be downloaded from this link.
The individual session programmes for marshaling and coaches are as follows:
Coaches and Officials should download and print their own programmes at home. Programmes will be provided for Race Marshals.
URGENT – Withdrawals
We have had 546 withdrawals and invited an additional 275 swimmers by the withdrawals deadline to the finals weekend. We recognise there may be some COVID impact from decisions made by schools so we will continue to withdraw swimmers if they are told to isolate. Coaches, Competition Secretaries and Parents should keep the attached report under review for any promotions to the Top 8 as we will not be issuing invitations beyond the midday deadline on 6 July. The report will be updated each time we make changes and will carry a date stamp.
Ranking of Finalists Report (updated 4pm, 8 July. This is the final ranking from which the start sheets will be produced for the Top 8. No further withdrawals will be processed).
We will publish the meet programme on Thursday afternoon. The meet and event rankings is now available on Meet Mobile. For the avoidance of doubt, any ties for 8th place will all swim in the finals. We will run an additional heat in this case.
The following Entry List by Club report might help clubs to check that all withdrawals have been processed. This does not distinguish between Top 8 and reserves but does exclude scratches. If a swimmer appears on this list and does not wish to be considered, please let me know today.
Results of Club Entries to the County Finals
Thank you to all the clubs who have run Level X competitions for their swimmers since we have been back in the pool. We have had 14,063 entries! Each Competition Secretary has received an entry list for your club to check for accuracy. I am now publishing this entry list ranked by age group in each event so that you can all identify the top 8 swimmers who are hereby invited to Surrey Sports Park for the Finals weekend on 10th and 11th July.
Entry Ranking Report (updated 1:15pm, 1 July)
These finalists need to let me know by midday on 6 July, if they are withdrawing from the finals, so that we can invite one of the four alternates that we will invite in time order should this be required. The Alternates for each event are ranked 9 to 12 and should also let me know by 6 July, if they do not want to be considered should there be one or more withdrawals from the final.
If you spot any errors, please contact your competition secretary in the first instance.
County Competition for 2021 – Update:
We have agreed a COVID Procedure for this meet at SSP with the facility operators. The meet will therefore be going ahead under these rules. A Key Times Report has also been prepared covering warm up and racing. Arrival times for swimmers are for their first event of the day. This is to avoid a bottleneck at the entrance while temperatures are taken and passes issued.
There will be no spectators allowed at this meet. However, we do need a lot of volunteers which we will rota so that you can see some of the swimming.
It is critical that all coaches and swimmers follow the rules so that we can all have an enjoyable finals event. We expect clubs to take this seriously and to communicate with all their swimmers and coaches accordingly.
County Competition Format for 2021:
At the Coaches Forum on 31 March, we agreed to run a Surrey County Age Group event during the Summer.
British Swimming have asked all regions to run a long course festival of swimming meet during the period 17 July to 8 August and both London and South East are running meets on 24/25 July so we can’t do so. We have therefore moved our meet forward to 10/11 July (awaiting final confirmation from SSP) so that it is outside this window. We have brought the closing forward as a result but only by one week. We therefore need all clubs to volunteer officials without regard for who is swimming.
The key features of the event are as follows:
- Each club will run the Surrey events short course in their own pool using the Level X conditions. There will be no 1500m or 800m events but there will be a 100 IM. A HyTek meet events file is available for this purpose (see below).
- The events must be run during a qualifying window that will commence on 19 April 2021 and finish on 30 June 2021. The closing date for entries will be 30 June 2021.
- There will be no qualifying times for 2021 but a Surrey Qualifying Standard has been issued below to allow swimmers to gauge their level of performance ahead of the publication of the 2022 Qualifying Times. Published results will be marked as meeting the qualifying standard where appropriate.
- Results should be entered into a HyTek Meet Entry file using either HyTek’s Team Manager, Team Unify or another compatible meet entry system.
- A club entry file must be submitted in the usual way to the Meet Administrator by the closing date.
- Intermediate entry files may be submitted during the qualifying period.
- We will publish the results on 1 July 2021.
- If we are permitted to hold a face to face meet on 10 and 11 July, we will invite the top 8 swimmers in each age group in each event to attend a finals weekend to be held at the Surrey Sports Park.
- We will operate a withdrawal process for this meet. Finalists must withdraw before 6 July if they do not wish to swim. Replacements will be drawn from the 4 alternates listed in the results.
- If we hold a face to face meet, we will issue a medal to the Top 3 swimmers in each age group in each event.
We are continuing with the on-line process for poolside pass application this year so that we make it easier for all to comply with the Wavepower guidance from Swim England on safeguarding children.
Anyone volunteering as a Non-Technical Official, COVID Marshal or acting as a Team Manager or Coach at the Finals weekend will require a pass to access poolside. The pass is specific to the individual and is not transferable. A photo is required with the pass but any photo will suffice as long as it is recognisable as the individual for whom the pass is intended.
Non-technical officials should apply for a poolside pass using this form once their role is confirmed.
Poolside passes are not required if you are acting as a technical official. Technical officials must wear their licence.
2021 Poolside Pass Application Form: Link (please use your pass from Saturday on Sunday)
Please can non-technical and technical officials sign up to support the summer meet at the following links.
- Non-Technical Officials: Link (meet now full)
- Technical Officials: Link (meet now full)
Meet Entry Documents:
- COVID Procedures for SSP
- COVID One Way and Flow for SSP
- Event Overview Briefing
- 2021 County Standard Times
- Full Promoter’s Conditions (updated 22 June 2021)
- Club Entry Summary (on-line form)
- Schedule for the finals weekend
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- HyTek Time Standards File
- Key Times Report
Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 30 June 2021
- Age at date: 31 December 2021
- Times to have been swum during the Qualifying Window: 19 April 2021 to 30 June 2021