Wey Valley Swimming Club, based in Surrey, covering the areas of Guildford and Godalming, are currently in an exciting development phase, seeing many swimmers competing at county level. We are SwimMark accredited, with about 240 members.
The club are looking for a new development coach. The role is self employed, working at pools at Charterhouse School, Godalming Leisure Centre, Guildford Spectrum and Guildford High School Leisure Centre. The successful applicant will report to and work with the head coach in ensuring younger competitive swimmers achieve their goals.
• Ensure the safe and smooth running of the Development and Junior sections of the club (focus on ages 8-14 yrs)
• Work with the Learn to Swim lead in managing the day-to-day running of the LTS Swim England stages 1-7 across all locations
• Ensure the design, communication and delivery of a high quality and inspired teaching standard throughout the programme and act as a role model for other staff
• Assist with the recruitment, training and mentoring of the teaching staff and poolside helpers through the provision of regular feedback and on-deck tuition, to continually work towards raising the overall standards of delivery and customer feedback
• Coach squad sessions on a regular basis; provide teaching cover as appropriate
• Coordinate trials for potential new joiners
• Design, coordinate and implement intensive courses wherever possible during the breaks between the normal term times. These may involve running clinics such as diving clinics, nutritional talks and similar courses
• Act as the first point of contact for parents/guardians regarding swimmer progress and progression related queries
Experience and qualifications
• Previous supervisory experience as a coach, assistant coach or within a LTS programme
• Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience as a Level 2 Swim England (ASA) swim teacher
• Working towards or attained at least Swim England Level 1 coaching qualification
• Hold award in lifesaving or equivalent
• Experience and/or knowledge of competitive swimming advantageous
• Team player with an ambition to progress coaching capacity
• Attendance at the Sunday late afternoon/evening sessions and Wednesdays training sessions and is typically a 6-8hr per week commitment.
• Assisting the head coach in delivery of Senior Squad sessions and also playing a part in assisting at competitions
• Additional weekly administration and meeting hours as agreed with the head coach
• This is a self-employed post with an hourly rate (to be agreed based on the successful candidate’s experience).
If you are interested or would like more information, please email club chairman Martin Greenbank – email@example.com
Closing date: 30 June 2023