Outline proposal for Surrey County Championships 2018. Please can you pass your thoughts to your coaches who will feedback to the committee at this year’s coaches forum.
Results can be found here.
- Sunday 29th January
- Saturday 4th February
- Sunday 5th February
- Saturday 11th February
- Sunday 12th February
- Saturday 25th February (seating plan)
- Sunday 26th February (seating plan)
- Saturday 4 March
- Sunday 5 March
Meet Entry Documents:
- Scoring Approach for the 2017 Championships
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- HyTek Time Standards File
- 2017 Qualifying Times
- HyTek Relay Entry Instructions
- Full Promoter’s Conditions
- Club Entry Summary
- Schedule of Events
- Key Times Report (amended. PLEASE READ)
Rejection Process and Rationale: We received 9,099 entries this year compared to around 6,700 last year. Moving the development meet up to run with the Counties is clearly very popular. As a result we will need to increase the QTs next year. For this year we have had to remove around 2,000 entries. We have done this proportionately across the age groups based on the number of entries received for each year group. Any swimmer rejected for any event in the above process will receive a full refund. We have also had to move events to balance the numbers on poolside as follows:
- Girls 50 Back (Ev 13) has moved to session 20 from session 5
- Boys 50 Breast (Ev 71) has moved to session 23 from session 20
- Girls 200 Breast (Ev 20) has moved to session 9 from session 8
Any swimmer who withdraws as a result of this move for these events may claim a full refund. Other changes are as follows:
- A number of start times and warm up duration have been adjusted. Please check the Key Times report.
- SSP will be configured Long Course for the weekend of 11th and 12th of February
- There will be no finals for the 50m events at Crystal Palace
Summary of Promoter’s Conditions: We have received our licence approval from the ASA. We have adopted the recent options from British Swimming concerning the 16 & Over Age group but they are adamant that there can be no final for the 16 year old age group. We have therefore allowed for a separate 16 year old qualifying time for entry and an A and a B final for the 16 & Over age group. We hope this will go some way to supporting the 16 year olds in our County. Summary of Changes for 2017: We have made the changes that the coaches requested at our Forum in April and those that have been mandated by the ASA. The key ones are:
- The top age group is 16 years and over (see below)
- All timed Final events will be super-seeded
- Qualifying Times are based on the swum times from last year and British Rankings for Surrey swimmers
- The Development events have been brought in to run concurrently with the County Championship events.
I have shared at this link, the instruction we received regarding the licensing of all County Championships for 2017. We have included the development meet events in the County Championships this year. We have left the qualifying times for the County B events the same as the development meet from last year. When this was held in June we were able to handle the number of entries. However, there is a possibility that these events may prove more attractive to swimmers when they are held as part of the County Championships. I draw your attention to Clause 33 of the Promoter’s Conditions which allows the promoter to limit the entries should the meet be over-subscribed. If we do have to limit the entries this year, we will adjust the qualifying times for 2018. Dates and Venues: The competition will be swum on the following dates at the venues listed.
|Date||Venue||Events – County A||Events – County B|
|29 January||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||1500m and 800m||400m Free and 400m IM|
|4-5 February||Guildford Spectrum (25m)||100m all strokes except IM||200m Free, 100m Back, 50m Fly, Boys 200m IM and 100m Fly, Girls 200m Breast and 50m Back|
|11-12 February||Surrey Sports Park (25m)||400m Free, 400m IM and 200m all strokes|
|25-26 February||Crystal Palace National Sports Centre (50m)||50m events all strokes and Relays|
|4-5 March||Guildford Spectrum (25m)||200m Fly, Back, 100m Free, Breast, IM, 50m Free, Breast, Girls 200m IM, 100 Fly, Boys 200m Breast, 50m Back|
Closing Date: Closing date for entries will be midnight on Wednesday 18th January 2017. We have kept the gap to the first event the same as 2016. This will require competition secretaries to get their entries in correctly and on time. Age Up Date: The age up date for the Championships is 31st December 2017. Entries: Entry times must be from licensed meets swum between 1st March 2016 and the closing date. All times must appear on British Rankings except for split times used from the lead off leg of a relay.