Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 17 January 2024
- Age at date: 31 December 2024
- Times to have been swum on or after: 6 February 2023
We will be hosting swimmers and coaches on poolside in 2024 as we did in 2023. The majority believe that this will generate a better eperience for our County qualifiers. As a result we will be limiting the number of seats available to spectators but there will be no charge for these. We, and I am sure your fellow spectators, would appreciate you vacating a seat once you no longer need it. The seatng will be on a first come first served basis. There will be a barrier at the 25m point beyond which you will need a poolside pass to access or be a swimmer!
At the present time we have decided, with regret, that we cannot accommodate the formal presentation of medals into the timeline. All medals will be available for collection at the medals desk and there will be a space available for swimmers to have photographs taken with representative trophies and any dignatories attending on the day. We aim to have an Official Photographer attending each weekend.
Volunteers and Officials:
- We only have 2 days to publish the meet programmes and timeline;
- We have no time to resolve entry issues after the closing date so any rejections from the portal at that time will not be entered; and
- We need officials and volunteers to have registered their willingness to support the swimmers before the closing date. Ideally by Friday 12 January. Once you know your swimmer has a QT, please volunteer; we have never rejected a qualified entry in the last 10 years. Please use the links provided below as soon as possible.
Technical Officials may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
Field of Play volunteers may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
We will be using the Swim England poolside pass system, that is used for National competitions, for coaches, team managers and chaperones. The pass should be downloaded at home and brought with you to the meet. We will provide wallets and lanyards. All coaches, team managers and chaperones must be registered with Swim England and have recorded their relevant qualifications in the Swim England systems. We would recommend that passes are applied for early to ensure any missing data is provided ahead of the meet. No-one will be admitted to poolside without a pass.
- Chaperones: If a chaperone pass is required, the club (Chairman/Secretary) needs to email Martyn Hudson at Swim England (email@example.com) with the members details (name and number) and request they be added to the list of Chaperones. Once added they remain on the list until removed.
- Coaches, Team Managers, Chaperones: The pass can be accessed through the member’s individual page on the Swim Engalnd website. Log on using the following path www.swimmingresults.org > members > English/Welsh Member Options and enter your user ID and password to access your membership page. Once onto your individual membership page, select the option “Purchase accreditation for events click here.” You will then see a list of all the Counties and Regions using the on-line pass system. Select the Surrey County event for the day you wish to attend and print your pass at home. You will be charged £10 per day and must pay on-line. If you are attending the whole championship, you will need four separate passes. If any of the requirements are in red, you must correct the data in the relevant Swim England system before you can print your pass.
- Level 2 Teachers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
- Clubs need to pay for the number of teachers they would like to have on poolside at any one time. You can do this by completing the form at this link. Coaches and team managers will have paid for their passes on-line at Swim England for each day they wish to attend. We will charge your club separately for any L2 Teacher passes ordered.
Field of Play volunteers should submit their poolside pass request by completing the form at this link.
Technical Officials must show their licence to gain access to the venue. Any technical officials in training must apply for a Field of Play pass.
Catering is complimentary for technical officials and volunteers who attend both sessions in the day. Coaches can purchase food for any day by completing the Catering Request form at this link. Catering Requests must be made on or before 12 January 2024. We will charge your club separately for any catering ordered.
Dates and Locations:
The dates and venues have changed and are now confirmed as follows:
|20/21 January||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||See Schedule of Events|
|3/4 February||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||See Schedule of Events|
The published Qualifying Times include a separate QT for 17 year old swimmers. This is for entry only. As in previous years, the top age group for the meet is 17 & Over. All races will be seeded and awards will be determined on this basis.
All submitted entry times must be recorded on British Rankings for the course swum. No conversions are permitted for entry. Times from any licensed meet are eligible for entry.
Meet Entry Documents:
- 2024 Qualifying Times
- Promoter’s Conditions (subject to licencing approval)
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal
- On-Line Meet Entry Portal instructions
- On-Line Payment Form for Poolside Pass
- Schedule of Events
- HyTek Meet Events File
- Scoring Approach for the 2024 Championships
- Expense Policy for Volunteers
- Expense Claim Form for Volunteers
- Key Times Report