All Surrey coaches, competition secretaries and committee members of Surrey clubs are invited to attend a Zoom meeting at 7:30pm on 20 January 2021 to discuss developing our approach to the schedule of events, the qualifying times, the eligibility criteria and the event protocol. Participants will need to register in advance for this meeting using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Agenda for the Coaches Forum:
The agenda for the Coaches Forum is as follows:
- Presentation of an outline proposal for the 2021 Championships
- Comments from the coaches and competition secretaries on the proposal
- Discussion of any action points to be taken forward
- There will be no finals and no relays so that we can fit the schedule of events into three weekends with space between sessions.
- There will be no poolside presentation of medals or trophies.
- There will be no spectators at SSP and the gallery will be used for swimmers to space out the clubs.
- There will be a limit of 1,000 soectators at LAC.
- The qualifying times are unchanged from 2020 except for the sprints where we have applied a County A standard to halve the number of swimmers on poolside in each session.
- The qualifying period will be from 1 September 2019 to the closing date.
- An eligible time will be one that has been swum during the qualifying period at a licenced meet or Level X session that appears on Rankings.
- The closing date will be 26 May 2021.
- We will develop a COVID Protocol for the meet with Swim England, the South East and London Regions and the Surrey Clubs that complies with the Government regulations at the time of the meet.
Meet Entry Documents:
- Draft 2021 Qualifying Times
- Full Promoter’s Conditions
- Club Entry Summary (on-line form)
- Draft Schedule of Events including estimated entries and session timings
- HyTek Meet Entry Instructions
- HyTek Meet Events File
- Draft HyTek Time Standards File
- Scoring Approach for the 2021 Championships
- Key Times Report
Key dates are as follows:
- Closing Date: 26 May 2021
- Age at date: 31 December 2021
- Times to have been swum on or after: 1 September 2019
Dates and Locations:
The dates and venues are now confirmed as follows:
|12/13 June||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||800 Freestyle, 200 IM, Freestyle, Breaststroke, Butterfly|
|3/4 July||London Aquatic Centre (50m)||100m all strokes, 50m all strokes|
|24/25 July||Surrey Sports Park (50m)||1500 Freestyle, 400 IM, Freestyle, 200 Backstroke|