Wey Valley Swimming Club, based in Surrey, covering the areas of Guildford and Godalming, are currently in an exciting development phase, seeing many swimmers competing at county level. We are SwimMark accredited, with about 240 members.
The club are looking for a new development coach. The role is self employed, working at pools at Godalming Leisure Centre, Guildford Spectrum and Guildford High School Leisure Centre. The successful applicant will report to and work with the head coach.
• Ensure the safe and smooth running of the learn to swim (LTS) teaching section of the club and junior squad
• Manage and coordinate work with the LTS and junior swimmers
• Supervise the LTS teachers in managing the day-to-day running of the LTS Swim England stages 1-7 across all locations
• Ensure the design, communication and delivery of a high quality and inspired teaching standard throughout the programme and act as a role model for other staff
• Undertake the recruitment, training and mentoring of the teaching staff and poolside helpers through the provision of regular feedback and on-deck tuition, to continually work towards raising the overall standards of delivery and customer feedback
• Attend teaching sessions on a regular basis; provide teaching cover as appropriate
• Coordinate and oversee children’s progression through the LTS programme
• Oversee the delivery of progress reports to parents on a termly basis
• Coordinate trials for potential new joiners
• Actively seek to promote the LTS programme to ensure a steady flow of new swimmers and staff
• Design, coordinate and implement intensive courses wherever possible during the breaks between the normal term times. These may involve running clinics such as diving clinics, nutritional talks and similar courses
• Act as the first point of contact for parents/guardians regarding swimmer progress and teaching-related queries
Experience and qualifications
• Previous supervisory experience within a LTS programme
• Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience as a Level 2 Swim England (ASA) swim teacher
• Working towards or attained a Swim England Level 1 coaching qualification
• Hold award in lifesaving or equivalent
• Experience and/or knowledge of competitive swimming advantageous
• Team player with a passion for swimming teaching
• Flexible and willing approach to delivering a high quality LTS programme
• Attendance at the LTS sessions during term time on Sundays and Wednesdays training sessions
• Attendance at other sessions as needed
• Additional weekly administration and meeting hours as agreed with the head coach
• This is a self-employed post with an hourly rate (to be agreed based on the successful candidate’s experience).
If you are interested or would like more information, please email club chairman Stuart Angus – firstname.lastname@example.org Apply here.
Closing date: 15 August 2019