Wey Valley Swimming Club, based in Surrey, covering the areas of Guildford and Godalming, are currently in an exciting development phase, seeing many swimmers competing at county level. We are SwimMark accredited, with about 240 members.
We are seeking a head coach to bring the club forwards, with passion and a proven track record of developing swimmers in a competitive environment at all ages, abilities and commitment levels. The successful candidate will be able to support the whole coaching team and mentor and manage all other coaches and swimmers.
• Working as head coach in delivering the swimming training and competition programme
• Work as part of a team with a highly experienced and qualified team of coaches across a range of squads within our overall club structure
• Be able to design, communicate and implement annual, periodic and weekly/daily training programmes as appropriate to the identified squad(s) and individuals
• Attend competitions as appropriate and as agreed with the executive committee
• Be able to assume responsibilities away from the pool deck, such as attendance and record keeping, team selection, coaching cover coordination, etc
• Other duties as appropriate to the role
Qualifications and qualities required
• Minimum of an ASA/UKCC Level 2 coaching swimming qualification/Swim England swimming coach certificate (or equivalent), with evidence of undertaking CPDs and a commitment to working towards higher qualifications. Additionally, the club will help assist with CPD opportunities
• The successful candidate will hold a lifesaving award, or equivalent
• Have experience of coaching in the appropriate swimming/coaching areas
• Be confident working and communicating with a wide range of people from the swimming community
• Be highly motivated and passionate about developing swimmers as people as well as athletes, enabling them to reach their full potential
• Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills, together with ICT proficiencies
• Have a knowledge of the long-term athlete development programme (LTAD)
• Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel to our training and competition venues across the UK
• Design, coordinate and implement intensive courses wherever possible during the breaks between the normal term times. These may involve running clinics such as diving clinics, nutritional talks, and similar courses
• Completion of Safeguarding Children training (or the ability to undertake this training before employment starts)
This will be a salaried position with hours and remuneration commensurate with qualifications, experience and availability. The successful candidate’s development and progression will be a central focus.
Applications on a part-time basis will be considered. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
If you are interested or would like more information, please email club chairman Stuart Angus – email@example.com Apply here.
Closing date: 1 September 2019